More Information About Teladoc
Teladoc is an affordable, convenient alternative to costly urgent care and ER visits for non-emergency medical issues including:
- Cough, cold and flu symptoms
- Ear infections
- Nasal congestion
- Pink eye
- Skin conditions and rashes
- Urinary tract infections
You can talk with a doctor who can diagnose, recommend treatment and, when appropriate, prescribe short-term (non-DEA) medication.
Teladoc doctors are PCPs, pediatricians and family medicine physicians who incorporate Teladoc into their day-to-day practice as a way to provide people with convenient access to quality medical care. All Teladoc doctors are U.S. board-certified, state-licensed and average 15 years of practice experience.
*Teladoc is not intended to replace your primary care physician (PCP).
Getting started is easy!
Simply visit Teladoc at www.teladoc.com and click “Set up account.” Complete your medical history so you’re prepared when you need care. You should set up an account for each covered member. That’s it!
When you need care…
- Call 1-800-TELADOC (1-800-835-2362), or
- Log in and request a phone or video consult, or
- Download the Teladoc member mobile app - you can access your account and request a consult from anywhere!
A doctor will call you back – usually in less than 30 minutes!
Other important information:
Teladoc is subject to state regulation:
- Alaska – a primary care physician must be identified prior to receiving a Teladoc consultation.
- Arkansas – telemedicine is not available.
- Georgia – state limits prescriptions longer than 3 days from any physician not chosen by the patient’s personal doctor.
- Idaho – video consults only; no phone consults available at this time.
- South Carolina - a primary care physician must be identified prior to receiving a Teladoc consultation.
- Texas – phone consults only; no video consults available at this time.
Costco employees in Arizona must have their consultations via video conference in order to have their prescriptions filled at the Arizona warehouses.
NOTE: Teladoc physicians reserve the right to deny care for potential misuse of services. If your Teladoc physician recommends that you see your PCP or a specialist, you are still required to pay the copay for the Teladoc consultation and the other provider.