Enroll in Benefits
To enroll, make changes or view your benefit choices, click here or call
You will need your User ID and PIN
- User ID: Is your 6 digit employee number
- PIN: Is the Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (you will choose a new PIN when you access the enrollment website for the first time.
On your Benefit Effective Date you will be automatically enrolled into Choice Plus (or Choice Plus for Part-time Employees if your status is part-time), and Core Dental, with employee-only coverage.
You must access the enrollment website within 30 days from your benefit eligibility date to make your enrollment elections including enrolling family members, declining coverage and enrolling in Supplemental Life and AD&D.
If you do not make your elections within the 30-day enrollment window you will be unable to make any changes to this coverage, including stopping the coverage, until the next Annual Open Enrollment or you experience a qualified change in status.
Who is Eligible
You are eligible for Costco employee benefits if you are a salaried, full-time hourly or part-time employee working an average of 23 hours per week. For other benefit eligibility criteria, refer to the Summary Plan Description.
- Full-time hourly: 1st of the month following 90 days of service
- Part-time: 1st of the month following 180 days of service
- Salaried: 1st of the month following date of hire
- Full-time and Part-time hourly: 1st of the month after 28 days of service (must have worked a minimum of 20 hours per week)
- Salaried: 1st of the month after hire date
You are not eligible if you are one of the following:
- Seasonal employee (except in Hawaii)
- Limited part-time employee
- Independent contractor
- Leased employee
- Temporary employee
- Hired in connection with training or education
If you are eligible for benefits, you also may enroll these members of your family:
- Your Spouse
- Your Domestic Partner
- Your Domestic Partner's children
- Biological children, adopted children and children legally placed for adoption through age 25
- Your Stepchildren, including your Spouse’s biological children, adopted children and children legally placed with him or her for adoption through age 25
- Children in Legal Guardianship, including grandchildren, siblings, nieces or nephews for whom the court has granted you, your Spouse or Domestic Partner full and plenary Legal Guardianship for them and their estate through age 25
- Mentally or physically disabled children past the normal age limit, provided they meet the criteria listed in the Summary Plan Description.